Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Ali Nazemian <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/25 06:59:11 UTC

Ansible module for Ambari

Hi All,

I was wondering whether there is any Ansible module available for Ambari.
What about Ambari Python client? We want to automate our cluster deployment
and operations with Ansible, but we couldn't find an Ansible module for it
yet. Problem is if we use blueprint for this purpose we are not able to
address incremental updates, so we need to rely on API calls for any
changes.

Regards,
Ali

Re: Ansible module for Ambari

Posted by Jabir Ahmed <ja...@gmail.com>.
From my experience over using puppet , ambari and ansible for managing
hadoop, its better to stop using ambari and just write your own ansible
scripts to deploy the cluster & configs.

It would surely give you more control over the deployment also it would
give you a deeper understanding of how an incremental update happens
internally.

Thanks

Jabir

--