Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jörn Heid <he...@agentsinaction.de> on 2001/06/16 14:01:42 UTC

Access to HttpEnvironment

I need to have access to the class HttpEnvironment. It's an attribute in
HttpRequest, but it's private.

The problem is that I need the path info of the generator xml file (bormal
xml or xsp file). Perhaps there is a better solution.

How can I get this?

JOERN_HEID

Re: Access to HttpEnvironment

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Jörn Heid wrote:

> I need to have access to the class HttpEnvironment. It's an attribute in
> HttpRequest, but it's private.

First, where do you need access to the HttpEnvironment object?
Second, this is exclusively made for the sitemap to interact with the
environment it runs in.

Why can't you use the normal request object passed along in the
objectModel to almost all components?

> The problem is that I need the path info of the generator xml file (bormal
> xml or xsp file). Perhaps there is a better solution.

Path info is specific to an URL in HTTP but the generators xml file is
based on the context in the file system. I don't get what you'd like to
accomplish here.

Giacomo