Posted to users@solr.apache.org by mtn search <se...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/06 20:04:26 UTC

After Solr restart disk space freed up

Hello,

I have noticed that after restarting a Solr instance (particularly when the
disk storing the index has filled up) that more disk space is available.

I am familiar with the Solr merge process, but understand that it removes
deleted docs in the background while Solr is running.

What is going on for files to be removed on a Solr restart (after the disk
is full)?

Thanks,
Matt

Re: After Solr restart disk space freed up

Posted by matthew sporleder <ms...@gmail.com>.
It is consuming the tlog's on restart, most likely

Posted by mtn search <se...@gmail.com>.