Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/24 14:57:35 UTC

[VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6

I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.1.0.6, ready to be voted upon.

The files are uploaded to a Maven staging repository:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetapestry-009/

and to:

http://people.apache.org/~andyhot/tapestry-releases/5.1.0.6/

Please examine these files to determine if a new release, 5.1.0.6, is ready.

I've also created a 5.1.0.6 tag in Subversion:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/tags/releases/5.1.0.6/

Th vote will run for 5 days. On a successful vote,
I'll promote the artifacts to the central repo,
move the binary / source distributions to the proper distribution directories
and send out appropriate notifications.

Here are the release notes / changes:

Bug

    * [TAP5-556] - Fix TranslatorSourceImplTest
    * [TAP5-711] - Submit component: using image parameter brakes
"Selected" events
    * [TAP5-714] - Incorrect encoding of single quotes for Ajax requests
    * [TAP5-719] - Component LinkSubmit doesn't work
    * [TAP5-734] - Tapestry tutorial documentation refers to old
archtype command
    * [TAP5-749] - The FormFragment and LinkSubmit components create a
hidden field whose id ends with ":hidden"
    * [TAP5-755] - URL rewriting documentation contains an example
that won't compile due to lack of a return value
    * [TAP5-767] - PropertyConduitSourceImpl should use english locale
(instead of default locale) when evaluating decimals
    * [TAP5-779] - CLONE -Linksubmit doesn't work inside a form with
Zone parameter set
    * [TAP5-815] - Asset dispatcher allows any file inside the webapp
visible and downloadable
    * [TAP5-868] - It is not possible to attach a validation event
listener to a Palette (or other <select> field)
    * [TAP5-894] - Fix PartialMarkupDocumentLinkerTest.stylesheet_link()
    * [TAP5-896] - Contribute 'properties' file extension to the
configuration of ResourceDigestGenerator
    * [TAP5-913] - java.lang.VerifyError Stack size too large
    * [TAP5-936] - Tapestry wiki link links to nothing for locales other then en

Improvement

    * [TAP5-762] - Upgrade Selenium dependencies to version 1.0.1
    * [TAP5-912] - Validation of properties of type
java.util.Collection should fail when the collection is empty

New Feature

    * [TAP5-138] - Add Zone parameter to Select component

Task

    * [TAP5-819] - remove ide-specific files from all sub-modules and
add them to svn:ignore

PS. Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
PS2. Enjoy and ... Merry Christmas

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
The site is bound to the release. It is tagged with 5.1.0.6 tag and you can
only document the proposed contribution in nightly docs. But nightly docs
describe 5.2 features. Am I wrong?

--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de/blog

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
+1 to add this RegexAuthorizer contribution in TapestryModule itself. A
reasonable default configuration must be provided. IMHO, any image or CSS
file is most probably to be public, even when in the classpath.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
5.1.0.7 it is then!

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm good on skipping to 5.1.0.7.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
> I'm not sure if there's a proper action for this - we have done this as well
> (for instance 4.1.4 and a few 5.0 releases) but i somehow got the
> impression ppl 'disliked' skipping numbers... anyway, i can easily bring
> back the tag, and we can head for 5.1.0.7 if others feel strongly about it.
>
> So, i'm personally fine with skipping 5.1.0.6 - it makes sense. The
> only 'problem' i can find with that approach is the release notes! 5.1.0.7
> would only have one item which doesn't really show the amount of work
> done since the previous release. Anyway, tough call... can't make up my
> mind
>
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 09:54, David Rees <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:15 PM, Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
>>> So, it looks like we still have some work to do for 5.1.0.6 - the vote
>>> didn't pass.
>>>
>>> I'll remove the 5.1.0.6 tag from svn, revert the poms to 5.1.0.6-SNAPSHOT
>>> and someone needs to add an issue for the problem outlined in this thread,
>>> mark it for 5.1.0.6 and tackle it... and perhaps add some docs! Then i can
>>> redo the release
>>
>> Isn't the proper action under Apache projects to leave the 5.1.0.6
>> tagged as is, but simply not released?
>>
>> Then continue work on 5.1.0.7 and put that up for a vote - if passed,
>> then it gets officially released.
>>
>> At least that's how httpd/Tomcat work.
>>
>> -Dave

> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> Tapestry / Tacos developer
> Open Source / JEE Consulting

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Posted by David Rees <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Andreas Andreou: -1

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
Ulrich Stärk: +1

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
I'm sorry but I feel that we should make the upgrade less painful. Static
resources inside the root package should be accessible without any extra
work. The proposed contribution should be provided by Tapestry. Having said
this my vote is:

Igor Drobiazko: -1

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de/blog

Re: [VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.
Kristian Marinkovic: +1

"Joachim Van der Auwera (PROGS bvba)" <jo...@progs.be>
24.12.2009 15:01
Bitte antworten an
"Tapestry development" <de...@tapestry.apache.org>

An
Tapestry development <de...@tapestry.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: [VOTE] Tapestry Release 5.1.0.6

Joachim Van der Auwera : +1

Posted by "Joachim Van der Auwera (PROGS bvba)" <jo...@progs.be>.
Joachim Van der Auwera : +1

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created and uploaded a release of Tapestry 5.1.0.6, ready to be voted upon.

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas!

Massimo Lusetti: +1

Cheers
--
Massimo