Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com> on 2018/01/13 04:59:47 UTC

Intel meltdown/spectre kvm upgrade results

Hi, colleagues,

just would like to share that yesterday successfuly upgraded my ubuntu
14.04 kvm cloud to custom built linux 4.14.11 keenel with ubuntu 2018/01/08
intel cpu microcode update. Compute CPUs - Xeon E5-2670, Xeon X5650,
everything works nice, no claims from customers, no sensitive load change.
Live migration between new and old kernels goes well, back migration too.
It seems that kvm, libvirt and qemu patches are not here yet for Ubuntu.
Waiting for additional updates. Btw, It is CS4.3.

Have a nice migration.

Re: Intel meltdown/spectre kvm upgrade results

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ivan

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com>.
Hi, I don't see spontaneous reboots yet, but have heard that some people
met them with new intel ucode.

2 февр. 2018 г. 3:53 пользователь "Andrija Panic" <an...@gmail.com>

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Intel meltdown/spectre kvm upgrade results

Posted by Sebastian Gomez <ti...@gmail.com>.
Good!