Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2018/01/11 16:52:37 UTC

Odd Error on Login with 1.13-SNAPSHOT

I am probably missing something minor here, but I am working with Ted
Dunning on some PCAP plugin stuff, so I built his 1.13 SNAPSHOT, and when I
try to login I see

{
  "errorMessage" : "No configuration setting found for key
'drill.exec.http.auth'"
}

I am guessing that something was added that I need to fill out in my
config? Is there a JIRA or something that can guide me on this?

Thanks

Re: Odd Error on Login with 1.13-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Sorabh Hamirwasia <sh...@mapr.com>.
I have opened DRILL-6088<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-6088> for this issue and will provide a patch by tonight for review. For now to unblock you, please add following http configuration in your drill-override.conf.

drill.exec.http.auth.mechanisms: ["FORM"],

I am assuming other user auth related setting to enable PLAIN authentication is in place as per [1] or [2].

[1]: https://drill.apache.org/docs/using-libpam4j-as-the-pam-authenticator/

[2]: https://drill.apache.org/docs/using-jpam-as-the-pam-authenticator/

Thanks,
Sorabh

You should verify your drill-override.conf file. Do you want to use any
security mechanism?

[1] https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__issues.apache.org_jira_browse_DRILL-2D5425&d=DwIBaQ&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=gRpEl0WzXE3EMrwj0KFbZXGXRyadOthF2jlYxvhTlQg&m=eWbxbVf7ysp5Kkl8FpO63Em5a65AnSOP5kYU4KIwQTo&s=WfamtfbUdrG9eS2v6VLz0FI80E-2a_YjfrjkuztQzME&e=

Kind regards
Vitalii

Posted by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,