Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Julio Serje (@canada.com)" <js...@home.com> on 2000/11/01 02:42:08 UTC

Re: JSPs anywhere

Hi, Joe,

You may have any directory structure for your HTML pages as long as you
comply with a minimum set of requirements:

- each application should be declared (as a "context") in the server.xml
file of Tomcat. The organization of that diectory is up to you, with the
exception of the directory WEB-INF, where you must locate the classes and/or
jar files that you want to have in the "private" classpath of your
application.

- You can define your root application using something like this in your
server.xml file:

<!-- your  Environment -->
<Context path="" docBase="/apache/root/directory" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
 </Context>

That should allow you to run JSP "anywhere" in your previous apache
directory structure. I would suggest, anyway, you consider the logical
organization suggested in the documentation.

Hope it helps,

Julio Serje
Calian Tech.