Posted to users@maven.apache.org by stug23 <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/22 18:17:22 UTC

How to construct an archetype for multi-module build with renamed modules

I am seeking advice on how to construct an archetype for a multi-module build
such that the artifactId of each respective module becomes the name for the
module in the generated directory structure.

The result I am looking for would resemble the naming conventions of the
Proficio multi-module project in Better Builds with Maven:

proficio
  proficio-api
  proficio-cli
  proficio-core
  proficio-model
  proficio-stores
    proficio-store-memory
    proficio-store-xstream

The intended usage of this archetype would be to create new Maven
multi-module projects in Eclipse such that the project names follow the
convention shown in the example above. Without this project naming scheme,
it is quite difficult for a user to understand which projects are related to
a multi-module build in the Eclipse workspace.

I wasn't sure whether the new archetype NG may have some feature that would
help to accomplish this, or whether this requires mojos in the archetype, or
if M2Eclipse can help out with this requirment.

Thanks in advance for tips, pointers or advice on how to accomplish this
naming scheme.

Re: How to construct an archetype for multi-module build with renamed modules

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pat,

you can find the new 2.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT
in the apache snapshot repository
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository

Regards,

Raphaël

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
2008/3/25, stug23 <pa...@gmail.com>:

>  Raphaël,
>
>  From the transcript in JIRA ARCHETYPE-153 this appears to represent the
>  feature that I have requested. I wasn't able to run the example due to the
>  2.0-alpha-3-SNAPSHOT which isn't in the Maven Central repository.
>
>  If I understand what you did correctly, you simply specified an artifactId
>  as pro instead of proficio which should result in creating modules with the
>  prefix pro instead of proficio.
>
>  It was interesting to note that although the build reports an
>  ArchetypeGenerationFailure, the summary still indicated a successful build?

Yup i saw this too, but i didn't yet have raised a jira for it.

>  Thanks for your response!
>
>  Is this feature very difficult to add to the archetype plugin?

Nope, not really difficult, just currently bugged ;-)
I am working on.

Thanks,

Raphaël

Posted by stug23 <pa...@gmail.com>.