Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Arina Ielchiieva <ar...@apache.org> on 2018/03/05 17:13:50 UTC

Drill Hangout tomorrow at 10 am PST

 We will have our bi-weekly hangout tomorrow March 4th at 10 am PST.
Please reply to this post with proposed topics to discuss.

Hangout link:
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/ci4rdiju8bv04a64efj5fedd0lc

Kind regards
Arina

Re: Drill Hangout tomorrow at 10 am PST

Posted by Boaz Ben-Zvi <bb...@mapr.com>.
  Here are the links to the slides presented in the Drill Hangouts today:

Hash Join Spilling Design: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uwmq_wwZXGgzXPjYoW-oN5SpJTzkQp9SZRMd_zPtghw/edit#slide=id.p3

Hash Join Memory Calculations: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1I2W7wL0N2qddrlFXYGNhOnYQqOzMfFKjY9S9AsH6B3s/edit?ts=5ab14eaf#slide=id.p

  Thank you,

       Boaz

On 3/19/18, 1:16 PM, "Boaz Ben-Zvi" <bb...@mapr.com> wrote:

         We will have our bi-weekly hangout tomorrow March 20th at 10 am PST.

    Please reply to this post with proposed topics to discuss.

    If these proposed topics won’t take much time, then the remainder would be used to present the design of the Hash-Join Spill; I will describe the basic changes, and Tim will talk briefly about the memory calculator used in deciding “when to spill”.

    These basic changes to the Hash-Join for spilling are described in the design document:

       https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1-2Dc-5FoGQY4E5d58qJYv-5Fzc7ka834hSaB3wDQwqKcMoSAI_edit-23heading-3Dh.6wkihnd871vj&d=DwIGaQ&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=EqulKDxxEDCX6zbp1AZAa1-iAPQGgCioAqgDp7DE2BU&m=OGzUcUS9n9pZ7zMbkeUXfCL9fqX_DFDuwZG_9OXA_B8&s=zuCTx3B9i23dHLsTca2nzR0pmQD49yrrxiyBWsHZ63A&e=

       The Hangout link:

           https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__plus.google.com_hangouts_-5F_event_ci4rdiju8bv04a64efj5fedd0lc&d=DwIGaQ&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=EqulKDxxEDCX6zbp1AZAa1-iAPQGgCioAqgDp7DE2BU&m=OGzUcUS9n9pZ7zMbkeUXfCL9fqX_DFDuwZG_9OXA_B8&s=MutN0ei7uja5VbpK0eu8gtITT6iHiwYWbaXgKLZucL8&e=

       Thank you,

           Boaz

Drill Hangout tomorrow at 10 am PST

Posted by Boaz Ben-Zvi <bb...@mapr.com>.
     We will have our bi-weekly hangout tomorrow March 20th at 10 am PST.
Please reply to this post with proposed topics to discuss.

If these proposed topics won’t take much time, then the remainder would be used to present the design of the Hash-Join Spill; I will describe the basic changes, and Tim will talk briefly about the memory calculator used in deciding “when to spill”.
These basic changes to the Hash-Join for spilling are described in the design document:
   https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-c_oGQY4E5d58qJYv_zc7ka834hSaB3wDQwqKcMoSAI/edit#heading=h.6wkihnd871vj

   The Hangout link:

Posted by Arina Ielchiieva <ar...@apache.org>.
Hangout starts now. Please join.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__plus.google.com_hangouts_-5F_event_ci4rdiju8bv04a64efj5fedd0lc&d=DwIBaQ&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=gRpEl0WzXE3EMrwj0KFbZXGXRyadOthF2jlYxvhTlQg&m=zMkWRTMS6SicThIOEkMjhWZt2uy-D_csBhV7FKBWwfE&s=oNaDkB7hMqKjECnZcYILbQeLEGXHSzIcnrx2hNA0H2c&e=

Re: Drill Hangout today at 10 am PST

Posted by Timothy Farkas <tf...@mapr.com>.
Hi All,

I'll be giving a presentation about unit testing in Drill.

Thanks,
Tim

Posted by Vitalii Diravka <vi...@gmail.com>.

1. https://builds.apache.org/blue/organizations/jenkins/drill-scm/activity

Posted by Pritesh Maker <pm...@mapr.com>.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__plus.google.com_hangouts_-5F_event_ci4rdiju8bv04a64efj5fedd0lc&d=DwIBaQ&c=cskdkSMqhcnjZxdQVpwTXg&r=zySISmkmM4WNViCKijENtQ&m=TLTWkiVI6X1oT5VN_HKSm5S-Jx1XaSbkgb7NaQVFX6A&s=eZDHSD7ZkSGgMrxqiXHHDG1norNoCE_Gd8NDImWyla4&e=