Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/01 00:55:10 UTC

Re: SVDRecommender convergence?

About the SVDRecommender- 10 features and 50 iterations gave
evaluation scores from .70 to .81, solely by changing the random
seeds.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: SVDRecommender convergence?

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Mahout in Action? Yes it's in there. The output is the average
absolute difference between the actual and estimated rating. GroupLens
ratings are from 1 to 5. 0.7 average error isn't bad on that scale.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com