Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2020/07/01 07:56:36 UTC

Re: ConcurrentModificationException using RDFLanguages.getRegisteredLanguages()

On 30/06/2020 23:11, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> Andy,
>
> where do you put JenaSystem.init() in unit tests, for example?
>
> Using 3.16.0-SNAPSHOT, I've changed the test code a little and started
> getting this - though only when I attempt to debug the ConstraintTest
> class:
>
> com.atomgraph.spinrdf.constraints.ConstraintTest  Time elapsed: 0.419
> sec  <<< ERROR!
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/jena/sparql/engine/main/StageGenerator
> at org.apache.jena.tdb.sys.InitTDB.start(InitTDB.java:29)
> at org.apache.jena.sys.JenaSystem.lambda$init$2(JenaSystem.java:117)
> at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1257)
> at org.apache.jena.sys.JenaSystem.forEach(JenaSystem.java:192)
> at org.apache.jena.sys.JenaSystem.forEach(JenaSystem.java:169)
> at org.apache.jena.sys.JenaSystem.init(JenaSystem.java:115)
> at com.atomgraph.spinrdf.constraints.ConstraintTest.<clinit>(ConstraintTest.java:51)
>
> The call is in a static initializer:
>
> public class ConstraintTest
> {
>
>      static
>      {

You check everything is available with:

            JenaSystem.DEBUG_INIT = true;

>          JenaSystem.init();
>      }
>
> Or is this unrelated to the JenaSystem.init()?

Unrelated.

It is as if there is a missing jar.

     Andy

Most of the time JenaSystem.init() happens automatically because it is
in a static block of every major entry point class - but Java class
initialization, and the fact that initialization of recursive class is
switched off by off when one class is loading, makes it complicated even
though thread-safe.  "static final X = new Object" can be null!

(RDFLangauges/Lang is particular hard because there is a mutual
dependency that predates the full JenaSystem.init).

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@atomgraph.com>.
I know. I have no explanation. Maybe the NetBeans are messing with me.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@atomgraph.com>.
Thanks.