Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alistair Hopkins <al...@berthengron.co.uk> on 2001/04/23 16:28:27 UTC

Invalid XML character

<error>
	org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x92)
	was found in the element content of the document.
</error>

Am I right in thinking this is the right quotation mark '?

I am converting from XML + XSL via Xerces and Xalan 1.x

Sometimes, when doing FOP transforms, I get this error.  It is something in
my database (Postgres 7) as the same transfor will sometimes cause it and
sometimes not, but I don't know how to either fudge it by replacing the
offending character in XML before it reaches the FOP processor, or better,
avoid it altogether!

Is it a temporary problem, or is there a permanent problem in my database?

Alistair