Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by masionas <mi...@softasap.net> on 2009/01/20 20:28:53 UTC

Default GL account for payment method

Hello Guys,

Have a bit of strange behavior. I have set up in the GL settings  mapping
for method "EXT_OFFLINE" (Offline Payment)to be posted to account number
111100 (General Checking Account).  However, when I receive customer payment
with method type EXT_OFFLINE it posts it to "UNDEPOSITED RECEIPTS". What I
am missing?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Default GL account for payment method

Posted by masionas <mi...@softasap.net>.
Hi Sharan,

Thank you for looking into this. I think the confusion comes from that there
are TWO places where the mapping is defined.

1) https://localhost:8443/accounting/control/editPaymentMethodType
2)
https://localhost:8443/accounting/control/GlAccountNrPaymentMethod?organizationPartyId=Company

Re: Default GL account for payment method

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I did a quick test of this on the latest Hotwax Demo. Below is a list of the
steps I followed.

1. In the GL Account Defaults I changed 'Offline Payment' to post to the
General Checking Account.

2. I then created an order for DemoCustomer used 'COD/Mail Check' as the
payment method on checkout.

3. When I viewed the order it said  that it was an 'Offline Payment' with
the address to post the check to.

4. I then tried to 'Receive Payment' using the order view screen (and this
is where I think the problem is.... there is no 'Offline Payment' option
here.)

All the options on the 'Receive Payment' screen have their default mappings
using the GL Account defaults for Payment Method Id/GL Account Id but all
the things you can select on the screen to receive the payment (Cash,
Company Check, Certified Check, Personal Check, COD, ebay, Money Order) are
all mapped to Undeposited Receipts.

I think if there was a specific 'Offline Payment' field on the Receive
Payment screen then your mapping would work.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Sharan