Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Pierre-Henry Perret <ph...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/13 13:06:05 UTC

Re: CXF as Services router

Hi,

Have you glance at 'camel' transport ?

It 's well integrated with CXF and well documented.

--
Pierre

-----
--
Pierre

Re: CXF as Services router

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 3:39 AM, Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/15/11 3:43 AM, uala.forums@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Hello, We want to utilize CXF as Services router. For Example I've
>> "ProviderA" and "ConsumerA" which are two independent systems. ProviderA
>> exposes the Web services (both restful and soap webservices) and ConsumerA
>> consumes the web services. We want to utilize CXF as service router in
>> between these.
>>
>> Note that, we don't want to do any kind of wrapper implementations
>> (wrapper
>> new java service class) in CXF. We just want to do a configuration job in
>> CXF (only XML changes). Also we don't want to introduce Camel.

So what can CXF do ? Is the following diagram correct :

                                         /--> ProviderA
ConsumerA ------->  CXF /
                                        \
                                         \--> ProviderA

?

Can CXF interpose the ProviderA and implement the ProviderA interface
and delegate to the actual ProviderA systems ?

And again, how would you expect CXF to decide which particular
ProviderA service should be invoked ? Are we talking about some
load-balancing feature ? Or is like : if the request contains this
value then route there, otherwise here ?

Cheers, Sergey

Re: CXF as Services router

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: CXF as Services router

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
On 2/15/11 3:43 AM, uala.forums@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello, We want to utilize CXF as Services router. For Example I've
> "ProviderA" and "ConsumerA" which are two independent systems. ProviderA
> exposes the Web services (both restful and soap webservices) and ConsumerA
> consumes the web services. We want to utilize CXF as service router in
> between these.
>
> Note that, we don't want to do any kind of wrapper implementations (wrapper
> new java service class) in CXF. We just want to do a configuration job in
> CXF (only XML changes). Also we don't want to introduce Camel.
>
> Highly appreciate any help

As you are routing the message between the Providers and Consumers, it's
a best use case for Camel.
If you don't want to use Camel, you have to implement the routing work
in your implementer yourself.

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Sergey Beryozkin-5 [via CXF]<
> ml-node+3384787-668782640-149876@n5.nabble.com>  wrote:
>
>> Redirecting to the users list.
>>
>> Can you please ask the question again, I can't find the original
>> question...
>> What is the criteria for the routing ? Is your web service
>> implementation needs to forward further ?
>> Or is it to do with choosing  which endpoint (among multiple co
>> located CXF endpoints) the current request should go to ?
>> thanks, Sergey
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM, [hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3384787&i=0>
>> <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3384787&i=1>>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Can I do without using Camel?
>>>
>>> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 4:06 AM, Pierre-Henry Perret [via CXF]<
>>> [hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=3384787&i=2>>

>> discussion
>>>>

>> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/CXF-as-Services-router-tp3382350p3383396.html<http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/CXF-as-Services-router-tp3382350p3383396.html?by-user=t>
>>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> ------------------------------
>>   If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
>> below:
>>
>> http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/CXF-as-Services-router-tp3382350p3384787.html

Willem
----------------------------------