Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/02/18 15:19:12 UTC

myNoSQL note on HipChat

Hi all,

I just came across this article: http://nosql.mypopescu.com/post/77055582692/storage-technologies-at-hipchat-couchdb

Footnote number two hurts a little “This is only the 2nd time in quite a while I’m reading an article mentioning CouchDB…”

We should figure out a way to make the things that are happening around CouchDB a bit more public :)

Best
Jan

Re: myNoSQL note on HipChat

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Totally agree Garren. Will have some news to share on that front soon.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: myNoSQL note on HipChat

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Re: myNoSQL note on HipChat

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Fantastic news!!

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: myNoSQL note on HipChat

Posted by Andy Ellicott <an...@cloudant.com>.

Re: myNoSQL note on HipChat

Posted by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com>.
On 2/18/14, 12:15 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
> Unfortunately, it needs to be a regular effort. Very hard to rely on
> volunteer effort, especially with a cadence as tight as one week.
>
> Benjamin, are you interested in helping out with the blog? Max has
> indicated that he is interested in reposting some of the content he
> writes for Cloudant on the project blog. Would you be willing to do
> the same?

Of course! It's literally my job. :)

> I'm also pleased to say that it looks like we're able to move forward
> with our AdvocateHub, which is my big focus for 2014. So I'd love your
> help on that too, if you can spare the cycles.
>
> cf. http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201310.mbox/%3CCAPaJBx4xz5=hT9_Yu7OoEYh2Lq2MjwpPR_O9Qb0jWYcXdeHGhA@mail.gmail.com%3E

Yep! Happy to help (any|every)where I can.

Re: myNoSQL note on HipChat

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: myNoSQL note on HipChat

Posted by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com>.

Re: myNoSQL note on HipChat

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: myNoSQL note on HipChat

Posted by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com>.

Re: myNoSQL note on HipChat

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
"This is only the 2nd time in quite a while I'm reading an article
mentioning CouchDB -- after the February
"no-releases-but-we're-still-merging-BigCouch" report for ASF. And
according to the story, CouchDB is on the way out."

Aye. We really need to get this next release out.

But to get back to the topic: what we really need is someone who can
collect weekly news and do a regular blog post with a link round-up
that points people to all the stuff going on in the world of CouchDB.
Sort of like how the Hoodie project do it.

http://blog.hood.ie/

On 18 February 2014 15:19, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just came across this article: http://nosql.mypopescu.com/post/77055582692/storage-technologies-at-hipchat-couchdb
>
> Footnote number two hurts a little "This is only the 2nd time in quite a while I'm reading an article mentioning CouchDB..."
>
> We should figure out a way to make the things that are happening around CouchDB a bit more public :)
>
> Best
> Jan

Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater