Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org> on 2021/02/28 15:22:03 UTC

freqsd offline for analysis of file management

Folks:

It seems the recent disk space problems were caused by freqsd not doing a
good job of cleaning up temp files after itself. After one false code
change that broke masscheck I've disabled freqsd again until I can go
through it more thoroughly and find where the temporary files are not
being cleaned up properly.

  jhardin@impsec.org                         pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org
   Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy products.
                           -- Arno Edelmann, Microsoft product manager
  14 days until Albert Einstein's 142nd Birthday

Re: freqsd offline for analysis of file management

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.
On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 07:22:03AM -0800, John Hardin wrote:
> Folks:
>
> It seems the recent disk space problems were caused by freqsd not doing a
> good job of cleaning up temp files after itself. After one false code change
> that broke masscheck I've disabled freqsd again until I can go through it
> more thoroughly and find where the temporary files are not being cleaned up
> properly.

As I said before, it's also doing lots of duplicate runs that are already
croned.  I suggest you analyze carefully what freqsd functions are actually
needed to fix the stuff that are "missing" right now.  And isolate that code
to another cron script.