Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Jerry Wang <jw...@elegant.ca> on 2001/12/28 21:18:54 UTC

XPath 2.0?

Hi All,

Which version of xpath query language does XIndice support?

I tried some xpath 2.0 function, search for
/person[contains(lower-case(lname), lower-case('TEST'))]

with the online demo. It didn't return me any record.

If it only supports xpath 1.0, then is there any plan to support 2.0?

-Jerry Wang
jwang@elegant.ca
Elegant Solution Consulting Inc.

RE: XPath 2.0?

Posted by Dave Pawson <da...@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk>.
At 00:32 29/12/2001 +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
>from http://www.w3.org/Style/2000/xsl-charter.html:
>
>2.2 Duration and Milestones
>The XSL Working Group is proposed to begin work in June 2000 and to continue
>for 21 months, terminating in February 2002 after the publication of the next
>version of XSL and XSLT/XPath as W3C Recommendations.
>
>Quarter 1 of 2002, I guess...

At which time they will be re-chartered most likely.
My guess would be nearer to Q3 2002.
   Over on the xslt list, the debate is only just started with
the new drafts, there is a long way to go yet, especially since
the two working groups are going to be debating which is right for both groups.

Regards DaveP, AC, RNIB.

RE: XPath 2.0?

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
from http://www.w3.org/Style/2000/xsl-charter.html:

2.2 Duration and Milestones
The XSL Working Group is proposed to begin work in June 2000 and to continue
for 21 months, terminating in February 2002 after the publication of the next
version of XSL and XSLT/XPath as W3C Recommendations.

Quarter 1 of 2002, I guess...

</Steven>

Re: XPath 2.0?

Posted by Jerry Wang <jw...@elegant.ca>.