Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@apache.org> on 2016/02/23 07:54:23 UTC

Hamronize CFBudleIndtifier

Hi,

he current commons code uses ios-CFBundleVersion and
ios-CFBundleIdentifier: [0], [1]

Now with OSX in the game there could be similar new attributes
osx-CFBundleVersion and osx-CFBundleIdentifier or we could deprecate
the ios-* ones and just use their plain names without prefix.

suggest:
- use CFBundleVersion and CFBundleIdentifier for iOS and OSX platform.
- deprecate ios-CFBundleVersion and ios-CFBundleIdentifier

drawback:
  using the un-prefixed attribute names would prevent a project of
having different versions/identifiers for the ios and osx platforms.
if one wants to evolve them separately, he would then need to use some
hooks to tweak the config.xml.

counter argument:
  windows and android also use prefixed versions, so maybe its better
to keep this pattern consistent.

see [2].

regards, toby

[0] https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/blob/6.0.0/cordova-common/src/ConfigParser/ConfigParser.js#L106
[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/blob/6.0.0/cordova-common/src/ConfigParser/ConfigParser.js#L132

Re: Hamronize CFBudleIndtifier

Posted by "Mefire O." <om...@microsoft.com>.
I’m in favor of keeping the prefixes,
as some people might want to target both iOS and OS X and therefore might need to use different versions independently of each other.
Removing them makes that scenario harder to handle.

Thanks,
Omar Mefire

On Mar 3, 2016, at 4:23 PM, Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>> wrote:

I sometimes have to use a different version for the android or iOS app, so

Re: Hamronize CFBudleIndtifier

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
My concern with removing the prefix is, and I'm not sure exactly what
Apple's policy is, that the Mac App Store and iOS App Store might
require unique bundle ids for apps. So if you had the same bundle id
for the MAS and the iOS App Store, they might reject it.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
+1