Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Dean Hiller <dh...@avaya.com> on 2002/10/11 15:40:37 UTC

JAAS, user roles and permissions

I am looking for a module for Authentication and Authorization for
1. my open source project, an SCM
2. my companies' suite of products for single login/single password mechanism.

I have looked through the archive but that didn't seem to help me much.  Do you have such a module that is independent from being a webservice(ie, I am not running a webserver and don't require it)???

Does this module use the JAAS mechanism where a users NT login or UNIX login is his application login too(This is configured according to the JAAS specs)????

Can anybody please point me to a project that has this??

thanks for ANY info or pointers in the right direction that you can give me,
Dean Hiller

Re: JAAS, user roles and permissions

Posted by Dean Hiller <dh...@avaya.com>.
you don't have to be a jerk about a few little questions.
If your documentation was up to date on scarab, I would have never asked them!!!!!

Just cause you were annoyed by a few little questions on the dev@scarab.tigris.org account does not mean you have to be a jerk and tell every other project to not answer a few little questions.  It takes what, 5 seconds to answer the question below.

Dean

Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

Don't bother spending time answering this guy...he is reading functional
requirements and isn't really looking into what the software does. He is
just wasting everyone's time by being lazy and not bothering to figure stuff
out on his own.

-jon

--
StudioZ.tv /\ Bar/Nightclub/Entertainment
314 11th Street @ Folsom /\ San Francisco

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.