Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Pratik Gadiya <pr...@persistent.com> on 2015/06/16 21:01:47 UTC

FW: Adding Hosts to Existing Cluster | Ambari 1.7.0

Hello All,

I was able to add a host to the existing hortonworks cluster by following the steps mentioned in the link https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Add+a+host+and+deploy+components+using+APIs
However, I need some pointers to resolve one of my problem which is mentioned as below,

When I try to execute following command on a already exisitin hadoop cluster

curl --user admin:admin -i -X PUT -d '{"HostRoles": {"state": "STARTED"}}' http://AMBARI_SERVER_HOST:8080/api/v1/clusters/CLUSTER_NAME/hosts/NEW_HOST_ADDED/host_components/<SERVICE_NAME<http://AMBARI_SERVER_HOST:8080/api/v1/clusters/CLUSTER_NAME/hosts/NEW_HOST_ADDED/host_components/%3cSERVICE_NAME>>

On the ambari UI at the top left corner there is a notification saying that 1 operation is in progress and when I click on that it, it displays "Request name not specified" as the message body however, the deployment progress bar is working.

Can we change this to something like a message body which we pass while executing the above statement itself, so that we can get that message when we click on 1 ops in ambari UI (instead of seeing Request name not specified )

Thanks,
Pratik
From: Pratik Gadiya <pr...@persistent.com>>
Date: Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 10:57 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>

I think I will stick to the approach mentioned in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-8458 . This approach seems to be pretty easy to use.

Can someone help me out on the same ?

Please see the below mail conversions with Jeff for detail.

Help much appreciated !!

~Pratik

From: Pratik Gadiya <pr...@persistent.com>>
Date: Sunday, May 17, 2015 4:22 AM
To: "user@ambari.apache.org<ma...@ambari.apache.org>" <us...@ambari.apache.org>>

Jeff,

I had a look on the link which you had provided, however I am not sure why it didn't worked for me.

Below is the command which I tried,
Command:
curl --user admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -i -X POST -d '{"blueprint_name": "mymasterblueprint", "host_group": "compute"}' https://XX.XX.XX.XX:8443/api/v1/clusters/CLUSTER/hosts/vmkdev0027.persistent.com

Response:
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Set-Cookie: AMBARISESSIONID=15w0nek4yww411pi8iqy70c8u5;Path=/
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Server: Jetty(7.6.7.v20120910)

{
  "status" : 400,
  "message" : "The properties [blueprint, host_group] specified in the request or predicate are not supported for the resource type Host."
}

Please let me know if I have missed something.

Note :
vmkdev0027.persistent.com -  Is the host which I need to add,
CLUSTER - Specified in the URL is my cluster name

Thanks & Regards,
Pratik

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Pratik,

You can change the form data to something like this:

{"RequestInfo":{"context":"Start MyComponent"},"Body":{"HostRoles":{"state":"STARTED"}}}

The Background Ops dialog in the UI displays the "RequestInfo/context" value that was passed when the API call is made.
I hope this helps.

Yusaku