Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/14 14:07:45 UTC

[DISCUSS] Create a new Repo to upload binary files (images for markdown, compiled thrift binary, etc..)

Hi,

Currently, we upload all figures to github's issues to get a public URL and
use it in our markdown files. The question is, it is hard to maintain the
figures, and, the URL is *.githubusercontent.com/*, which maybe can not be
accessed in China.

Besides, we are using compiled thrift binary from
https://github.com/jt2594838/mvn-thrift-compiler/. Though it is compiled by
our committer Tian Jiang, it is a personal repo and may get suspected by
users.

Therefore, I'd like to apply for creating a new repo,
apache/iotdb-resources to collect all these files.

The repo can be as a git submodule of iotdb, and so that all figures can be
used as a relative path in markdowns. As a result, the figures will be
compiled as local files for our website (i.e., all figures' URL are
iotdb.apache.org/* rather than githubusercontent.com/*).

thrift compiler will also be download from apache/iotdb-resources, which
will convincing users and is more controllable.

Why not upload these resources directly to apache/iotdb: for controlling
the size of iotdb's repo.

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: [DISCUSS] Create a new Repo to upload binary files (images for markdown, compiled thrift binary, etc..)

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi, any suggestions about this discussion? (I need at least 3 +1 for the
next step or a formal vote)
Best,

jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com> 于2021年2月15日周一 下午10:50写道:

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

AW: [DISCUSS] Create a new Repo to upload binary files (images for markdown, compiled thrift binary, etc..)