Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Mir Islam <mi...@mirislam.com> on 2013/08/15 00:35:47 UTC

Virtual Router VM not starting up

ok here is my problem. I have a setup with two hosts. Which also serve as NFS file storage system for primary and secondary. A day ago someone accidentally rebooted one of the hosts. Since then I am having all sorts of issues starting up the system VMs. After destroying the existing ssvm and cpvm they were recreated and seems to be working fine. However the virtual router is not coming up. I connected to it directly via VNC and it is in fsck prompt because of inconsistencies in disk and asking for root password.

Is there a default password set for the default router VM ?
If not, how can I recreate it?
Also, would lack of router VM cause other VM not to start? I can't restart any of the pre existing guest VMs.

Thanks
Mir

Re: Virtual Router VM not starting up

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
if the vm isnt running, you can quickly update the state of the vm in the
db table 'vm_instance' set that to 'Stopped' then from the UI you should be
able to destroy it.

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear it is resolved.

Best regards,
Kirk

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mir Islam <mi...@mirislam.com>.

Posted by Marty Sweet <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mir,

Posted by Kent Johnson <ke...@utah.edu>.
I would like to help you but I haven't worked much with the router VM yet. I believe the mailing list will tell you the default password. I am also interested in the answer to your question since I do not know the answer.

Best,

Kent Johnson