Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steve Molloy <sm...@opentext.com> on 2015/09/17 21:22:51 UTC

Body in select requests

I have a question related to body in select requests, or the stream.body parameter serving the same purpose. In SOLR-7913, we want to use stream.body to send text to MLT when text isn't already indexed. It's a use case I have to support and I think make sense, but I had to tweak RequestUtil to make it work as it currently only allows JSON. Removing that condition makes my code work but breaks in TestRemoteStreaming.testNoUrlAccess.

So, anyone got pointers on what approach to use here? I do think request should be entitled to read body no matter what format. But I don't want to break security by allowing anything everywhere...

Thanks for any hints,
Steve