Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Smith <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/06 22:04:03 UTC

Which workers am I using?

I can see the ajp12 and 13 worker threads being
instantiated (via log messages in the console) when I
crank up Tomcat, but how do I know if the 13's are
being used at all?  All my auto-generated files
continue to point to 'ajp12' workers, even after I've
changed almost every reference I can find in any
properties file I can find.  Does it even matter
what's in these 'auto' files?  I'm not even sure it
matters which worker(s) I'm using, but the docs said
it did.

I've pointed Apache/Tomcat to look at a customized
version of the 'mod_jk-auto' file with most/all
'ajp12' references changed to 'ajp13'.  Is this even
necessary?  What else might I need to do?

Thank you!

--Peter--
shmooth@yahoo.com

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Which workers am I using?

Posted by Scott Tatum <sc...@wcom.com>.
In order to get Apache to use ajp13, you have to use your own config
files. The auto files always use ajp12. You'll need to change
workers.properties so that your workers  have a type of ajp13. I don't
think it matters what your workers are called, though most people have
the protocol as part of the worker name. It's possible that your worker
could have a name with ajp12 in it, even though its type is ajp13 and it
might make deceiving log entries that way.

-Scott
--
Scott Tatum | scott.tatum@wcom.com
Senior Applications Developer, Special Projects