Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/17 16:06:57 UTC

Top level pom inheritance...?

i noticed that the module level poms don't inherit from the top level
one. is this an intentional choice?

- robert

Re: Top level pom inheritance...?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> duplicate report definitions are now Cut'N'Pasted through all modules.
> if people want an independent pom now (parent/pom.xml?), i'll submit a
> patch.

That would be nice, thanks!

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Top level pom inheritance...?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i noticed that the module level poms don't inherit from the top level
>> one. is this an intentional choice?
>
> There's currently nothing to inherit, so it's better not to.
>
> If we do want to inherit from a parent POM (and I think we will sooner
> or later), then it's better to create a separate tika-parent POM than
> to use the top level one. It's best not to mix inheritance and
> aggregation.

i've seen it work both ways but i agree mixing tends to get fiddly

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,