Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Ross Nordeen <rj...@mtu.edu> on 2011/07/15 23:34:38 UTC

pig 0.8.1 and hadoop 0.20.203

Does pig work with 0.20.203?  I'm getting this error when run pig and cant figure out why:

ERROR 2999: Unexpected internal error. Failed to create DataStorage

Will it work if I use version 0.9.0?

--
Ross Nordeen
Computer Networking And Systems Administration

Re: pig 0.8.1 and hadoop 0.20.203

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
The issue is that Pig is packaged with Hadoop 0.20.2 client, which won't work with 0.20.203.  But if you take that jar out and replace it with 0.20.203 client, it works.

Take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2148 for an idea of how to change your pig script to use that jar instead.  You will need to change your PIG_CLASSPATH to contain all of the jars that Pig normally gets from the fatjar.  There are about ten of them.

Alan.