Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "J.V." <jv...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/02 02:01:55 UTC

[daemon] My installed service does not appear in service list

I have successfully created a windows service (but not yet been able to
start).

With just having it installed, I expect to see the service in the
services list in the windows UI and also when I do:
     $net start        <= I expect to see the service in the list here,

but there is nothing.  Can I or should I expect to see the service when
displaying all services by running "services.msc" or when I do $net start

?

If installing the service does not put it there, what additional steps
do I need to take such that it would be visible and manageable with:
     $net start MyService
     $net stop MyService

?

thanks

J.V.

Re: [daemon] My installed service does not appear in service list

Posted by Greg Thomas <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 2 October 2012 01:01, J.V. <jv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have successfully created a windows service (but not yet been able to
> start).
>
> With just having it installed, I expect to see the service in the services
> list in the windows UI and also when I do:
>     $net start        <= I expect to see the service in the list here,
>
> but there is nothing.  Can I or should I expect to see the service when
> displaying all services by running "services.msc" or when I do $net start

If it doesn't appear in the Services Control Panel or "net start",
then it's not installed. So you won't be able to start it. So I think
your initial statement "I have successfully created a windows service"
is wrong.

Greg