Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Marco Spinetti <m....@pisa.iol.it> on 2004/02/02 09:29:20 UTC

2 questions about apr_poll

Hi all,

I developed a library which let you connect to N sources, writes a
request and reads the responce, using apr_poll.

I have 2 questions about 2 problems I'm trying to solve.

The first is a design question: in my method I open N sockets, set the
option APR_SO_NONBLOCK and timeout X (otherwise connect fails), connect
them, write the request, create a pollset with the flag APR_POLLIN for
each entry and then I call apr_pollset_poll.

In your opinion is it ok, or I should set the flag APR_POLLIN |
APR_POLLOUT for each entry and then write or read when apr_pollset_poll
retuns?

The second question is about apr_pollset_poll timeout.

I set the option APR_SO_NONBLOCK (I want no blocking IO): in this way
apr_pollset_poll returns when only a part of the output from socket Y is
ready. So I'm inside a while and I call apr_pollset_poll untill all the
output of all sockets is ready or timeut expires.

Is the timeout of apr_pollset_poll  global, or each time I call
apr_pollset_poll it starts again?

If it starts each time, how can I make it global with APR_SO_NONBLOCK
socket?

Thanks

Regards

--Marco