Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ed Wolpert <wo...@radiancegroup.com> on 2000/01/24 18:27:13 UTC

Bug or Feature? (Producers in wrapper.classpath versus zone.prope rties' repository with JServer 1.1b3

Folks-
  Not sure that this is a bug, but since the cocoon jar file now goes in
the jserv.properties file rather than the zone.properties file, I can't put
XML producers in the zone.properties file anymore. It gives a class not
found
error. (Using Jserv 1.1b3 with Cocoon 1.6) I assume that the problem is the
class
loader that loaded cocoon only uses the jserv.properties file, so classes
that
cocoon needs also have to be in the classpath of the jserv.properties file
rather
than the zone properties file. Is this accurate? Perhaps it's just a
configuration
error? In short, it only seems to work when Cocoon and my XML producers are
in the
jserv.properties file, if either or both are in the zone.properties file, it
doesn't.

  Other than this 'issue', cocoon 1.6 is working wonderfully. Good job
folks!

Edward Wolpert
Radiance Group

Re: Bug or Feature? (Producers in wrapper.classpath versus zone.properties' repository with JServer 1.1b3

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@localbar.com>.
This might be an interesting issue that just came to me from a different
direction.

Does Cocoon use the Class.forName() to load the dynamic classes??

If so, I believe you should understand the class loading mechanism in detail,
and after that take a look at
http://www.javageeks.com/~tneward/papers/DynLoad.html.

courtesy of Ted Neward.

Niclas