Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by shamokuyuwpz <sh...@126.com> on 2013/05/12 04:44:34 UTC

How to process the difference time of brokers?

Hello,handsome boys and pretty girls.
I make a network of brokers including broker A and broker B.
Then the system time of broker A is one day early before broker B.
I produce messages to broker A and consume messages from broker B.
But when produce messages with the expiration time of 90s to broker A, I
cann't consume messages from broker B.
Broker A and broker B is both use timestampplugin.

Re: How to process the difference time of brokers?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
All nodes in the ActiveMQ network need to have synchronized time for
message expiration to work correctly.  ActiveMQ does not do anything
to compensate of time skews beween machines.

If you feel like implementing something to compensate please send us a patch.

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM, shamokuyuwpz <sh...@126.com> wrote:
> Hello,handsome boys and pretty girls.
> I make a network of brokers including broker A and broker B.
> Then the system time of broker A is one day early before broker B.
> I produce messages to broker A and consume messages from broker B.
> But when produce messages with the expiration time of 90s to broker A, I
> cann't consume messages from broker B.
> Broker A and broker B is both use timestampplugin.

Hiram Chirino

Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

hchirino@redhat.com | fusesource.com | redhat.com

blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo