Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by uromahn <ur...@paypal.com> on 2012/07/23 19:29:32 UTC

Build error on Karaf Trunk - missing dependency

Hi All,

I am trying to build my own local snapshot of Karaf 3.0.0 but the build is
failing.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project framework: Could not resolve
dependencies for project
org.apache.karaf.features:framework:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact
org.apache.aries.blueprint:org.apache.aries.blueprint.core.compatibility:jar:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT
in nexus-local (http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/public) -> [Help
1]

The version of the Aries Blueprint core-compatibility is defined as
1.0.1-SNAPSHOT but that version is nowhere to be found - not even in the
publicly available sources of Aries (aka Apache SVN)!

Can anyone please enlighten me where I should find this version so I can add
it to my local Nexus? Or should this really be version 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and is
actually a bug?

Thank you,
-Uli

Re: Build error on Karaf Trunk - missing dependency

Posted by uromahn <ur...@paypal.com>.
Just finished a local build of 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.
All appears to be "green" again and we are off testing our application on
Karaf 3 again.

Thank you so much for this quick fix, JB!

Posted by Scott England-Sullivan <su...@gmail.com>.
Doh!  Missed the latest updates and only changed my local copy. :-)

BTW, glad to hear you are back and feeling better.  There must be something
in the air.  I was hospitalized with an upper respiratory bacterial
infection back in April.  Nasty stuff.  I have enough anti-biotics in me
now though that I should be good for years. :-)

Best Regards,
Scott ES

Scott England-Sullivan
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web:     http://www.fusesource.com
Blog:     http://sully6768.blogspot.com
Twitter: sully6768

Re: Build error on Karaf Trunk - missing dependency

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
No, I double checked, resolver.obr, etc are in 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT (which is
correct).

Could you check if your local working copy is up to date ?

Regards
JB

On 07/24/2012 04:09 PM, Scott England-Sullivan wrote:
> I applied the changed aries.application.version and aries.util.version from
> 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT --> 1.0.0.  When I did that I received the following:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project enterprise: Could not resolve
> dependencies for project
> org.apache.karaf.features:enterprise:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: The following
> artifacts could not be resolved:
> org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr:jar:1.0.0,
> org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.install:jar:1.0.0,
> org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.management:jar:1.0.0,
> org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.modeller:jar:1.0.0,
> org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.default.local.platform:jar:1.0.0,
> org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.deployment.management:jar:1.0.0,
> org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.runtime:jar:1.0.0:
> Could not find artifact
> org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.resolver.obr:jar:1.0.0
> in repository.apache.org-releases (
> https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/public) -> [Help 1]
>
> Is this release in process or is it in a different repository?
>
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>wrote:
>
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> you can update your local copy, I'm upgrading to Aries Application API and
>> Utils 1.0.0 (released).
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>

>> On 07/24/2012 03:42 PM, Scott England-Sullivan wrote:
>>
>>> I just did a checkout and build and am receiving the following error:
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project enterprise: Could not resolve
>>> dependencies for project
>>> org.apache.karaf.features:**enterprise:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: The following
>>> artifacts could not be resolved:
>>> org.apache.aries.application:**org.apache.aries.application.**
>>> api:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Build error on Karaf Trunk - missing dependency

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
My bad, resolver.obr is not yet released. I'm fixing that (please update
in a couple of minutes).

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Build error on Karaf Trunk - missing dependency

Posted by Scott England-Sullivan <su...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>> org.apache.karaf.features:**enterprise:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: The following
>> artifacts could not be resolved:
>> org.apache.aries.application:**org.apache.aries.application.**
>> api:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,
>> org.apache.aries.application:**org.apache.aries.application.**
>> utils:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> I looked in the Apache snapshot repository and there isn't a
>> 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>> jar.  Nor is there a 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> Side note: I checked out the Aries project and it fails to build due to
>> dozens of compile errors.
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 1:17 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  FYI,
>>>
>>> this issue is fixed, someone made a mistake: Aries Blueprint Core trunk
>>> is
>>> 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT but Aries Blueprint Core Compatibility trunk is still

Scott England-Sullivan
----------------------------------

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Scott,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Build error on Karaf Trunk - missing dependency

Posted by Scott England-Sullivan <su...@gmail.com>.
I just did a checkout and build and am receiving the following error:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project enterprise: Could not resolve
dependencies for project
org.apache.karaf.features:enterprise:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: The following
artifacts could not be resolved:
org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.api:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT,
org.apache.aries.application:org.apache.aries.application.utils:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

I looked in the Apache snapshot repository and there isn't a 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
jar.  Nor is there a 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.

Side note: I checked out the Aries project and it fails to build due to
dozens of compile errors.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 1:17 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>wrote:

> FYI,
>
> this issue is fixed, someone made a mistake: Aries Blueprint Core trunk is
> 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT but Aries Blueprint Core Compatibility trunk is still
> 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 07/23/2012 07:29 PM, uromahn wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am trying to build my own local snapshot of Karaf 3.0.0 but the build is
>> failing.
>>

>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project framework: Could not resolve
>> dependencies for project
>> org.apache.karaf.features:**framework:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
>> artifact
>> org.apache.aries.blueprint:**org.apache.aries.blueprint.**
>> core.compatibility:jar:1.0.1-**SNAPSHOT
>> in nexus-local (http://localhost:8081/nexus/**content/groups/public<http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/public>)
>> -> [Help
>> 1]
>>
>> The version of the Aries Blueprint core-compatibility is defined as
>> 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT but that version is nowhere to be found - not even in the
>> publicly available sources of Aries (aka Apache SVN)!
>>
>> Can anyone please enlighten me where I should find this version so I can
>> add
>> it to my local Nexus? Or should this really be version 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and
>> is
>> actually a bug?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> -Uli
>>

>> --

> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Scott England-Sullivan
----------------------------------

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI,

this issue is fixed, someone made a mistake: Aries Blueprint Core trunk
is 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT but Aries Blueprint Core Compatibility trunk is still
1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

Regards
JB

On 07/23/2012 07:29 PM, uromahn wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to build my own local snapshot of Karaf 3.0.0 but the build is
> failing.
>

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project framework: Could not resolve
> dependencies for project
> org.apache.karaf.features:framework:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
> artifact
> org.apache.aries.blueprint:org.apache.aries.blueprint.core.compatibility:jar:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT
> in nexus-local (http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/public) -> [Help
> 1]
>
> The version of the Aries Blueprint core-compatibility is defined as
> 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT but that version is nowhere to be found - not even in the
> publicly available sources of Aries (aka Apache SVN)!
>
> Can anyone please enlighten me where I should find this version so I can add
> it to my local Nexus? Or should this really be version 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and is
> actually a bug?
>
> Thank you,
> -Uli

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Build error on Karaf Trunk - missing dependency

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Uli,

I'm fixing all dependencies using the latest Aries releases.

The issue is temporary and should be fixed very soon.

Regards
JB

On 07/23/2012 07:29 PM, uromahn wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to build my own local snapshot of Karaf 3.0.0 but the build is
> failing.
>

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project framework: Could not resolve
> dependencies for project
> org.apache.karaf.features:framework:pom:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
> artifact
> org.apache.aries.blueprint:org.apache.aries.blueprint.core.compatibility:jar:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT
> in nexus-local (http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/public) -> [Help
> 1]
>
> The version of the Aries Blueprint core-compatibility is defined as
> 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT but that version is nowhere to be found - not even in the
> publicly available sources of Aries (aka Apache SVN)!
>
> Can anyone please enlighten me where I should find this version so I can add
> it to my local Nexus? Or should this really be version 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and is
> actually a bug?
>
> Thank you,
> -Uli

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Build error on Karaf Trunk - missing dependency

Posted by uromahn <ur...@paypal.com>.
By the way, thanks for the pointer to the daily snapshots.

However, I always want to have the ability to build open source software
myself locally. This will help me to "dig deep" in case I run into some
issues which requires me to go into the sources. :)

Thanks again,

Posted by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org>.
Uli, also note that you can always get the latest build from https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group/org/apache/karaf/apache-karaf/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/. They are numbered by date with a sequence number, just look for the very large files and pick either the .gz or .zip depending on whether you are on *nix or win respectively.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yup, exactly, there were some Aries version mismatch.

Fix in progress (just after diner ;)).

Regards
JB

On 07/23/2012 07:54 PM, uromahn wrote:
> I do have the Apache Snapshot repo defined as a proxy in my local Nexus,
> however I have it under a different URL
> (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/). I verified,
> however, that both URL's (I assume both URLs point to the same Nexus repo)
> have not the 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT version of the Aries Blueprint
> Core-Compatibility jar.
>
> I also find it unlikely that I would find this version in any public repo at
> this point since I just checked out the Aries sources (trunk) and the
> version defined in the corresponding pom.xml is still 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.
>
> So, I assume that JB or someone else is in the process of locally "fixing"
> all those dependencies which will hopefully be published and fixed soon, as
> JB mentioned previously.
>
> Thanks for your reply. :)
> -Uli

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Build error on Karaf Trunk - missing dependency

Posted by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org>.