Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Rahul <ra...@excibir.co.nz> on 2003/05/08 23:55:37 UTC

Remote deployment on JRun

Hello All,

I have this strong uge to automate my manual web application deployment
process on a remote JRun 4 (no service packs) server running on Linux. Would
want to know if anyone has attempted that or anyone has suggestions.

To cut the long story short and simple, what I do right now is as follows :

1. Connect to remote system via ssh.
2. If instance of target server is running , stop it.
3. back up my current <web-app> directory
4. export "base" stuff from CVS into a fresh <web-app> directory. this
creates the base/groundwork for my actual web application.
5. now, export updated weba-application stuff  from CVS into a another
directory.
6. copy the stuff exported to directory in Step 5. to directory in Step 6
5. restart server.

Apart from that I WISH that I can create JRun servers remotely but I will
keep that wish in my bag for the moment ;)  Ok, the question here is do i
need to work with any of the JMX stuff here to do stuff with JRun , i mean
create servers, stop and restart. Any tasks for JMX?. Any tasks around  for
SSH ?

cheers

rahul