Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/19 13:49:43 UTC

Update Request Processor Chains

I am trying to understand update request processor chains. Do they runs one
by one when indexing a ducument? Can I identify multiple update request
processor chains? Also what are that LogUpdateProcessorFactory and
RunUpdateProcessorFactory?

Re: Update Request Processor Chains

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
You can have multiple update chains defined and use only one of them per update request.

LogUpdateProcessor logs the update request and the RunUpdateProcessor is where the actual index is updated.

	Erik

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for detailed answers.

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I am trying to understand update request processor chains. Do they runs one
: by one when indexing a ducument? Can I identify multiple update request
: processor chains? Also what are that LogUpdateProcessorFactory and
: RunUpdateProcessorFactory?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor

"solrconfig.xml files can contain any number of UpdateRequestProcessorChains..."