Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thierry LEPINE <th...@indeep.fr> on 2015/01/06 14:52:49 UTC

mod_dav_svn.so does no more support lock functions

What we had from 2006 :
- subversion 1.3.0 server (Msi) over apache web serveur 2.0.55 on Windows SBS 2003 32bits
- Tortoise SVN 1.8.x clients connected to subversion on https

We could do every svn operation and also get / release lock, commit with lock.

We have switched last week to
- subversion 1.8.11 server (Msi) over wamp 2.5 (apache server 2.4.9 - 32bits ) on Windows Server 2012 64bits
- Tortoise SVN 1.8.x clients connected to subversion on https

We can do every svn operation but can't get/release lock, commit with lock.
When we try to get a lock on a file we have the following message on tortoise
  Error sqlite[S19] :  NOT NULL constraint failed : LOCK.lock_token
  Error Additionnal errors :
  Error sqlite[S19] :  NOT NULL constraint failed : LOCK.lock_token
So the operation failed !

The error-log on the apache server contains
[Tue Jan 06 14:34:39.169863 2015] [dav:error] [pid 3760:tid 1164] [client 192.168.2.xx:64852] Tried to attach multiple locks to a resource.  [400, #405]

The access-log on the apache server contains
192.168.2.xx - DOMAIN\\User [06/Jan/2015:14:34:39 +0100] "LOCK /repository/file_name HTTP/1.1" 400 364

We have downgraded the configuration to
- subversion 1.7.17 server (Zip) over wamp 2.5 (apache server 2.4.9 - 32bits ) on Windows Server 2012 64bits
- Tortoise SVN 1.8.x clients connected to subversion on https

We also can't use the lock functions like with subversion 1.8 !

Same case in November 2013 at http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2013-11/0107.shtml -> not solved
Same case in archive in January 2014 http://subversion.1072662.n5.nabble.com/Possible-bug-in-SVN-1-8-3-and-1-8-4-file-locking-td186843.html  -> not solved

What we know is that it is working with subversion 1.6.x / apache 2.2 on Ubuntu !
Do we have to downgrade so deep ?
Why such versions exist 1.7 & 1.8 if they don't work anymore ?
Is it just a problem with apache 2.4 ?

Thierry

 www.indeep.fr

Re: mod_dav_svn.so does no more support lock functions

Posted by Dave Huang <kh...@azeotrope.org>.
On 2015-01-06 10:57, Thierry LEPINE wrote:
> Not the official for sure but the most common download site
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/wampserver/
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32svn/

http://www.wampserver.com/en/ says "Once WampServer is installed, you
can manually add aditionals Apache, Php or MySql (only VC9, VC10 and
VC11 compiled) versions." I think that means addon modules must be
compiled with VC9, 10, or 11. http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32svn/
says that the SVN modules are build with VC++ 6.0.

I think you need to get binaries of Apache and SVN that have been
compiled with compatible compilers. I'm using the
http://www.apachehaus.com/ binaries, and they're working well.

INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 39 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++

RE: mod_dav_svn.so does no more support lock functions

Posted by Thierry LEPINE <th...@indeep.fr>.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*

RE: mod_dav_svn.so does no more support lock functions

Posted by Thierry LEPINE <th...@indeep.fr>.
> Locking does work in 1.8.  This problem has only ever been reported by
> people using Windows and it appears to be some binary incompatibity
> between Apache and Subversion caused by the way they have been compiled.
> Using different binaries has been reported to solve the problem.

For sure, but no one says how it has made it !
Which binary compiled by which compiler and what is the winning couple ?

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.