Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jean-Francois Arcand <jf...@apache.org> on 2003/04/11 18:40:38 UTC

SSL/Classloader problem

Hi,

with Tomcat 5, when I turn on the SSL connector, I always get:

> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Can't find any SSL implementation
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLImplementation.getInstance(SSLImplementation.java:97)
>         at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SSLImplementation.getInstance(SSLImplementation.java:103)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.checkSocketFactory(Http11Protocol.java:528)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(Http11Protocol.java:137)
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnecto

Strangely, the class is available to the StandardClassloader. As a test,
I have added in org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLImplementation:

>         try{
>             new org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSEImplementation();
>         }catch (Exception e){
>             e.printStackTrace();
>         }
>
>         try {
>                 SSLImplementation impl=
>             getInstance(implementations[i]);
>         return impl;
>         } catch (Exception e) {
>             e.printStackTrace();
>         }

Then its has worked. It seems to occurs with all JDK 1.4.x/Solaris
version that I have tested.

Any ideas? [OK I'm ready to be humiliated :-) ]

-- Jeanfrancois