Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io> on 2016/05/23 16:20:02 UTC

Kafka KIP meeting May 24 at 11:00am PST

Hi, Everyone,

Now that Kafka 0.10.0.0 is released, we will have a Kafka KIP meeting tomorrow
at 11:00am PST. If you plan to attend but haven't received an invite,
please let me know. The following is the agenda.

Agenda:

KIP-48 - Delegation tokens
KIP-58 - Make Log Compaction Point Configurable
KIP-4   - Status check

Thanks,

Jun

Re: Kafka KIP meeting May 24 at 11:00am PST

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
The following are the notes from today's KIP discussion.

   - KIP-58 - Make Log Compaction Point Configurable: We want to start with
   just a time-based configuration since there is no good usage for byte-based
   or message-based configuration. Eric will change the KIP and start the vote.
   - KIP-4 - Admin api: Grant will pick up the work. Initially, he plans to
   route the write requests from the admin clients to the controller directly
   to avoid having the broker forward the requests to the controller.
   - KIP-48 - Delegation tokens: Two of the remaining issues are (1) how to
   store the delegation tokens and (2) how token expiration works. Since Parth
   wasn't able to attend the meeting. We will follow up in the mailing list.

The video will be uploaded soon in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals
 .

Thanks,