Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Gary Malouf <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/15 21:06:14 UTC

Dealing with Time Series Data

I have a use case for our data in HDFS that involves sorting chunks of data
into time series format by a specific characteristic and doing computations
from that.  At large scale, what is the most efficient way to do this?
 Obviously, having the data sharded by that characteristic would make the
performance significantly better, but are there good tools Spark can do to
help us?

Re: Dealing with Time Series Data

Posted by qihong <qc...@pivotal.io>.
what are you trying to do? generate time series from your data in HDFS, or
doing
some transformation and/or aggregation from your time series data in HDFS?