Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Kuba The Greatest <ko...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/13 10:11:11 UTC

Questions about SPARQL endpoint

Hi,

I just came across Apache Stanbol and it seems to me it can be a great help
in my recent project but I would like to ask you guys for some
clarifications. After reading docs and playing around with running server I
have following questions:
1) Is there any non programmatical way (e.g. REST API) to register a new
TripleCollection for SPARQL endpoint?
2) Can I register ontologies stored in OntoNet as TripleCollections so I
could run some SPARQL queries on them? Is there any other way I can run
SPARQL queries on ontologies stored in OntoNet ?
3) Does SPARQL endpoint make use of reasoners, especially HermiT ? If no,
would it be possible to add such a feature ? By adding I mean that I would
have to connect some modules either by configuring them or programming. I
know that HermiT does not support SPARQL out of the box that's why I am
even more interested if I can get such a feature using Stanbol.

Best regards,
Kuba Stepniak

Re: Questions about SPARQL endpoint

Posted by "ajs6f@virginia.edu" <aj...@virginia.edu>.

I was more just curious about how that service gets deployed into the web tree. I didn't realize it was as straightforward as a JAX-RS resource. Thanks!

- ---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by "ajs6f@virginia.edu" <aj...@virginia.edu>.

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.
Hi Kuba,

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kuba
@Reto: see question (1)

<ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Is there any non programmatical way (e.g. REST API) to register a new
> TripleCollection for SPARQL endpoint?

Not in Apache Stanbol. But you should be able to do this by directly
using Apache Clerezza. Maybe @Reto could add here some information on
how to enable the Clerezza SPARQL endpoint when running in Apache
Stanbol.

> 2) Can I register ontologies stored in OntoNet as TripleCollections so I
> could run some SPARQL queries on them? Is there any other way I can run
> SPARQL queries on ontologies stored in OntoNet ?

If I remember correctly the OntologyManager does store ontologies
using Clerezza as prescience. If this is the case those data are
queryable via the Clerezza SPARQL endpoint. Stanbol does not register
them to its own SPARQL endpoint.

> 3) Does SPARQL endpoint make use of reasoners, especially HermiT ? If no,
> would it be possible to add such a feature ? By adding I mean that I would
> have to connect some modules either by configuring them or programming. I
> know that HermiT does not support SPARQL out of the box that's why I am
> even more interested if I can get such a feature using Stanbol.

Sorry I am not the right person to answer this question.

best
Rupert