Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/20 16:58:15 UTC

Re: [jmeter] branch master updated: Issue 5694: Log a warning if 'u' is found in time functions format string

> +                if (fmt.contains("u")) {
> +                    log.warn(JMeterUtils.getResString("time_format_changed"));

Should we rather print a warning one time only?
Should we print a sampler name and the format string in question?

I'm afraid the currently added log warning will provide very few hints
to the users to fix the issue.

The format pattern allows quoting, so the following pattern is a
perfectly valid one: 'Tuesday-'mm
Even though the quotes are not often used, it does not sound right to
warn about every "u" usage.

Vladimir