Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by alireza ranjbaran <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/04 06:47:08 UTC

"Read timed out" error when invoking big reports

Hi dears,

It seems that Apache Syncope has problem with fetching huge size of
reports. For example I get below error by click on "Propagation Task"
button of my resource:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: SocketTimeoutException invoking
http://localhost:8080/syncope/rest/tasks/PROPAGATION?size=50&resource=Active+Directory&orderby=start+ASC&details=true&page=1:
Read timed out

Error detail has been attached. Kindly please check it..

--
*Best Regards,*

*Alireza Ranjbaran*
*IT Security Engineer*

Re: "Read timed out" error when invoking big reports

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi,
FYI "reports" in Apache Syncope are something different [1].

Your problems seems to be that, when using the Admin Console and reading
the Propagation Tasks's list for your "ActiveDirectory" resource, the
HTTP connection with Syncope Core goes timeout.

The actual URL is:

http://localhost:8080/syncope/rest/tasks/PROPAGATION?size=50&resource=Active+Directory&orderby=start+ASC&details=true&page=1

from which you can see how the page size is set to 50: first of all, try
to reset this back to 10, the default value.

Secondly, you can look at core-* logs to see what the actual error is,
as the console.log's excerpt you attached does not say much about that.

Regards.

[1] https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#reports

On 04/08/2018 08:47, alireza ranjbaran wrote:
> Hi dears,
>
> It seems that Apache Syncope has problem with fetching huge size of
> reports. For example I get below error by click on "Propagation Task"
> button of my resource:
>

> java.net.SocketTimeoutException: SocketTimeoutException invoking
> http://localhost:8080/syncope/rest/tasks/PROPAGATION?size=50&resource=Active+Directory&orderby=start+ASC&details=true&page=1:
> Read timed out
> Error detail has been attached. Kindly please check it..

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/