Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Karl Lehenbauer <ka...@superconnect.net> on 2003/01/11 17:02:13 UTC

"package require mysql" works in tclsh8.3 but not Rivet

Hey Y'all...

I've got this problem where I'm trying to use mysql from a Rivet
program.  When I do the DIO::MySQL (or whatever) thing, it fails,
saying the MySQL package isn't available on the server.

I've isolated it a bit further, what's happening is that "package
require mysql" is resulting in
failed: couldn't load file
"/usr/local/lib/tcl8.3/mysqltcl/libmysqltcl.so.1": Shared object
"libmysqlclient.so.10" not found

libmysqlclient.so.10 is in /usr/local/lib/mysql and if you do a ldd on
the mysqltcl.so.1 shared library, it has the correct path.

When I run tclsh8.3 and do a "package require mysql" it just works.

I don't have an LD_LIBRARY_PATH set.  The stuff is showing up in
"ldconfig -r".

I remember having this problem before but don't remember the solution.
We jacked around with ld's -rpath
switches?  Can someone shed some light on this?