Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2006/12/21 20:06:09 UTC

BOF at JavaOne

Folks,

I have requested a BOF at JavaOne.  It totally slipped my mind and I
expect other folks as well.  Since the call for papers is closed I
quickly put this in.  I expect we can refine the content and title so
please provide your feedback.  Off the top of my head this is what I
put in:

Title: Apache Geronimo 2.0 - Discussion about state of Java
Enterprise Edition 5.0 Release and next steps

Abstract: This BOF is for all people that are interested in Apache
Geronimo 2.0 which is the targeted release for a compliant and
certified Java Enterprise Edition 5.0 platform.  The project will
discuss its current status and also its future direction in terms of
non-spec related elements such as clustering, operations and
management and development tools and environments.

The Apache Geronimo team is very interested in user feedback and
requirements as provided by the larger community.

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

Re: BOF at JavaOne

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Looks great.  I would like to help out with speaking too ;-)

Jeff

Re: BOF at JavaOne

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Apache

Re: BOF at JavaOne

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Is this a Chariot BOF or were you working on it from an Apache
Geronimo perspective?  If it was a community perspective then we
should whittle it down to one so we don't confuse the organizers.  If
you are focusing on Chariot then I'll leave this one open as an
Apache Geronimo community BOF.

Thanks for the quick response.

On Dec 21, 2006, at 3:48 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> I put a proposal in for "Java EE 5 development and community update"
> or something like that.  If it goes through, anyone's welcome to speak
> at it.
>
> Thanks,
>      Aaron
>
> On 12/21/06, Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> wrote:
>> Folks,
>>
>> I have requested a BOF at JavaOne.  It totally slipped my mind and I
>> expect other folks as well.  Since the call for papers is closed I
>> quickly put this in.  I expect we can refine the content and title so
>> please provide your feedback.  Off the top of my head this is what I
>> put in:
>>
>> Title: Apache Geronimo 2.0 - Discussion about state of Java
>> Enterprise Edition 5.0 Release and next steps
>>
>> Abstract: This BOF is for all people that are interested in Apache
>> Geronimo 2.0 which is the targeted release for a compliant and
>> certified Java Enterprise Edition 5.0 platform.  The project will
>> discuss its current status and also its future direction in terms of
>> non-spec related elements such as clustering, operations and
>> management and development tools and environments.
>>
>> The Apache Geronimo team is very interested in user feedback and
>> requirements as provided by the larger community.
>>

>> Matt Hogstrom
>> matt@hogstrom.org

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org