Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David <am...@starhub.net.sg> on 2003/10/24 19:56:14 UTC

[users@httpd] How to know who is connected to my server currently?

Hi guys,

I wonder if there is a way which I can check exactly who or how many
people is connected to my server at a particularly time.

I run my own web server at home. I believe there is an address which I
can type in my browser where it will bring me to a page
and reports the number of people connected to me at this point in time.
Anyone have any idea how to do it ?

Regards
David

Re: [users@httpd] How to know who is connected to my server currently?

Posted by Leif W <wa...@usa.net>.
> > I wonder if there is a way which I can check exactly who or how many
> > people is connected to my server at a particularly time.
> >
> > I run my own web server at home. I believe there is an address which I
> > can type in my browser where it will bring me to a page
> > and reports the number of people connected to me at this point in time.
> > Anyone have any idea how to do it ?
> >

> > Regards
> > David
>
> You sound like you're asking for /server-info and /server-status. They'll
> tell you what's going on and who's connecting, but lists of who is
connecting
> are not their main purpose in life.
>
> --
> Benjamin Krueger

> Confidence is the mother of success. Cockyness is a mother of a time bomb.

You may be asking more about web statistics, not who is currently being
served (as serving a request usually takes a fraction of a second), but who
has been served recently.  If you're on a Unix like system, you could take a
look at various packages like analog, awstats, or webalizer.  All free and
provide some sort of graphical representation of web traffic.

Leif

Re: [users@httpd] How to know who is connected to my server currently?

Posted by Benjamin Krueger <be...@seattlefenix.net>.