Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/06 03:58:29 UTC

Re: Reporting Issues

(moved to dev@)

Jason,

Is there any way we can get this text into the issue submission form
itself? I think people need the just in time reminder.

-  Brett

Re: Reporting Issues

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1 for this feature

Thanks Brett to point this out!

Cheers,

Vincent

Re: Reporting Issues

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 5 Jun 07, at 9:58 PM 5 Jun 07, Brett Porter wrote:

> (moved to dev@)
>
> Jason,
>
> Is there any way we can get this text into the issue submission form
> itself? I think people need the just in time reminder.

Yup, already pointed out in my previous message that's what I would
try to do. Once I figure out the screen creation JIRA voodoo.

Re: Reporting Issues

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
I'd like to take a stab at creating a more user-oriented version of
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-m2-development.html.
The current page is not something that users are like to stumble upon
considering where it's at and its current contents. The new page will be
aimed at users who has stumbled upon something that is not working, and
the steps that they should be taking to get it resolved:

   "Maven is not working - what should I do"

Here's an outline of what should be in there, in no particular order:

- Searching the user-list archives
- Asking on the user list
- Submitting an issue (where, how, what to include etc.)
- Creating a pom that can be used to verify that it is a bug
- Creating a patch that fixes the problem

And also stuff, which I don't have necessary skill to write about, which
Jason touched upon in another mail:

- Creating test cases
- Creating integration tests

Since this is a new page I'll start on a new one in svn, unless someone
feels strongly against that. The other alternative being the wiki.

Dennis Lundberg