Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mark Hoover <ma...@HooverNebrig.com> on 2004/07/07 23:28:20 UTC

wriing rule for: Bob

I am using SAProxy and have a particular "To" pattern that I'm trying to match.
I've tried several times and cannot seem to catch it :(

Basically the address looks like:
   Bob   <bo...@somewhere.com>

Note that the first name is caps and there is space between the name and the
address.

This style of address is coming form a particular list that has obviously been
sold and
the messages that are coming to this address have so little text that I cannot
seem to trap
them otherwise.

Here is the entry in my local.cf:

  header local_TO_BOB    To  =~ /^Bob   \<bob\@somewhere\.com\>/i
  describe local_TO_BOB  To: starts with Bob
  score local_TO_BOB 1.0

I think the syntax is correct but apparently not ....

Re: wriing rule for: Bob

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 02:28 PM 7/7/2004, you wrote:
>I am using SAProxy and have a particular "To" pattern that I'm trying to
>match.
>I've tried several times and cannot seem to catch it :(
>
>Basically the address looks like:
>    Bob   <bo...@somewhere.com>
>
>Note that the first name is caps and there is space between the name and the
>address.
>
>This style of address is coming form a particular list that has obviously
>been
>sold and
>the messages that are coming to this address have so little text that I
>cannot
>seem to trap
>them otherwise.
>
>Here is the entry in my local.cf:
>
>   header local_TO_BOB    To  =~ /^Bob   \<bob\@somewhere\.com\>/i
>   describe local_TO_BOB  To: starts with Bob
>   score local_TO_BOB 1.0
>
>I think the syntax is correct but apparently not ....

is bob@somewhere a non valid address? If so then perhaps it's best to
/dev/null it. Or is bob@somewhere.com a valid address?

Evan

Re: wriing rule for: Bob

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 05:28 PM 7/7/2004, Mark Hoover wrote:
>   header local_TO_BOB    To  =~ /^Bob   \<bob\@somewhere\.com\>/i
>   describe local_TO_BOB  To: starts with Bob
>   score local_TO_BOB 1.0
>
>I think the syntax is correct but apparently not ....

works flawlessly for me.

Are you sure it's a space, not a tab between them, are you sure you have
the right number of spaces?

try this instead, to give some generalization of the whitespaces:

  header local_TO_BOB    To  =~ /^\s?Bob\s*\<bob\@somewhere\.com\>/i

Also since you're specificaly concerned about case, why do you have the /i
on the end? drop that, as it makes the rule case-insensitive.