Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2002/09/29 16:40:58 UTC

Avalon 4.1.2b binary dowload problem

The binary download of the Avalon Framework 4.1.2b does not include the
logging adapters

  * Jdk14Logger
  * Log4JLogger

Is this an oversight or intentional?

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy
mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
http://www.osm.net

Re: Avalon 4.1.2b binary dowload problem

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>>

>>> The binary download of the Avalon Framework 4.1.2b does not include
>>> the logging adapters
>>>
>>>  * Jdk14Logger
>>>  * Log4JLogger
>>>
>>> Is this an oversight or intentional?
>>

>> I never made the release, someone else did.  I am sure it was
>> intentional.  They also released it as 4.1.2b when I said to release
>> it as 4.1.3.  Annoying, yes.

Oops, let me rephrase that:  I meant to say it was
UN-intentional (as was my typo).

> I think we need to something about this - currently we have on our
> download site the following
>
>  * Avalon-4.1.2
>      basically broken because it does not include the entire service
> package but does include the logging adapters
>   * Avalon-4.1.2b
>      includes the service package but does not include the logging adapters
>
> How about we put up a 4.1.3 with everything properly in place and retire
> the 4.1.2 download page?

Yep.  sounds good.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Avalon 4.1.2b binary dowload problem

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.