Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Swaminathan Subramanian <sw...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/18 22:24:32 UTC

Struts 1.0 redirect problem!

Hello!
I am working on upgrading a Struts application
(running on Linux with Resin 2.1) to use Resin 3.0.
One of the modules simulates a wizard in which there
is an index.jsp, then a data entry jsp and then on
confirmation, the user gets redirected to the
index.jsp. This was working with Resin 2.1.2. Now,
after upgrading to Resin 3.0, the redirect is taking
me to a blank page. I am reporting this here because I
noticed the following in the server log -
[13:49:01.568]action: Processing a GET for
/GroupRulesManager/Global/returnToPrev
[13:49:01.569]action:  No mapping available for path
/GroupRulesManager/Global/returnToPrev
[13:49:01.570][16] HTTP/1.1 400 Invalid path
/GroupRulesManager/Global/returnToPrev was requested.

The action mapping is defined in the struts-config
file as follows
<action
path="/GroupRulesManager/returnToPrev"
parameter="GRReturnToURL"
type="com.teralogix.abfclientaccess.web.grouprules.HomeAction"
name="GroupRulesHomeForm"
validate="false"
scope="session">
<forward name="failure"
path="/GroupRulesManager/Global/index.jsp"/>
</action>

Here's the action mapping for the wizard

<action
path="/GroupRulesManager/modifyProcess"
parameter="GRModifyProcess"

type="com.teralogix.abfclientaccess.web.grouprules.HomeAction"
name="GroupRulesHomeForm"
validate="false"

input="/GroupRulesManager/Global/index.jsp"
scope="session">
<forward name="failure"
path="/GroupRulesManager/Global/index.jsp"/>
<forward name="back"
path="/GroupRulesManager/returnToPrev.do"
redirect="true"/>
<forward name="success"
path="/GroupRulesManager/Global/returnToPrev.do"
redirect="true"/>
</action>

I am not sure why it would work with a previous
version of Resin and not with the upgraded version.
Thanks in advance!
swami

Re: Struts 1.0 redirect problem!

Posted by Swaminathan Subramanian <sw...@yahoo.com>.
That's the whole point. I do not understand why it is
looking for this mapping when it has been set to be
GroupRulesManager/returnToPrev. By the way, I tried
changing the mapping to Global/returnToPrev and still
got the same error.
Using Firefox, I get redirected to google's search
page after making the above change.
Thanks,
Swami

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.