Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/08/20 00:03:32 UTC

[general] JIRA bug, patch & feature request tracker available

The kind folks at codehaus.org who host JIRA for various Apache
projects like Maven have agreed to host a JIRA bug tracking repository
for Geronimo. If in the future we wish to move this to Apache hardware
we can though we can just keep it at codehaus if we wish.

Unfortunately it dosesn't have the nicest of URLs...

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10220

however there's a link on the maven generated website

  http://www.apache.org/~jstrachan/geronimo/

(which doesn't have a nice URL either - it should be somewhere else
than my home directory :)

We can now use this to keep track of patches applied to avoid patches
getting lost. Also committers can take ownership of applying patches so
we don't tread on each others shoes.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: [general] JIRA bug, patch & feature request tracker available

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 07:18  am, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

> Hi James, are you the Jira admin ?
> The 'common' module name isn't in the component list. Can you add it ?

Absolutely - done.

James
-------

Posted by Emmanuel Bernard <ep...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi James, are you the Jira admin ?
The 'common' module name isn't in the component list. Can you add it ?

Emmanuel

Posted by Uijin Hong <He...@runeconsulting.com>.
My +1, Bugzilla sux.

JIRA is nice.

Anyway, how about the "Scrap"?

I though that Scrap is Apache-official-issue-tracker and it's coming for
Geronimo.

Any comments?

Uijin Hong

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>.
Bugzilla sux IMO.

--jason

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 12:52  am, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Is there a reason why the bugzilla installation on nagoya.apache.org
> isn't
> considered?  It's used by a lot of other apache projects...

bugzilla was considered but is not the most easy to use or attractive
piece of software. JIRA absolutely rocks - people really love using it.
Anyone who's used it in earnest for a few hours usually doesn't want go
back.

e.g. have a little surf around the Maven issues...

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10030

See how simple & easy it is to see stuff & how lovely it all looks.
They both solve the same problem but using JIRA rather than bugzilla is
a bit like moving to Java from C, once you've tasted the good life you
don't want to go back.

James
-------

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.