Posted to users@maven.apache.org by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com> on 2009/03/10 16:12:42 UTC

Special URL characters

Hello All,

I would like to put the following URL:

http://local.mysite/pub/get?Type=19010-TEST9040044/1&Lang=X&Rev=1&Format=GZIP
in the <url></url> tags of my POM,
but I get the following error:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: unknown
POM Location: C:\TMP\sonia\pom.xml

Reason: Parse error reading POM. Reason: entity reference name can not
contain c
haracter =' (position: START_TAG seen
...<url>http://local.mysite/pub/get?Type=1
9010-TEST9040044/1&Lang=... @11:66)  for project unknown at
C:\TMP\sonia\pom.xml

Is there a workaround?

Thanks

Sonia

Re: Special URL characters

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
pom.xml is xml, you need to escape your "&" symbols with "&amp;"

Re: Special URL characters

Posted by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com>.
Thanks!  It worked!!!

Sonia

Re: Special URL characters

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.

Re: Special URL characters

Posted by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com>.
Hello Chris,

Re: Special URL characters

Posted by Chris Lieb <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Special URL characters

Posted by solo1970 <so...@ericsson.com>.
I tried with this URL:

http://local.mysite/pub/get?Type%3D19010-TEST9040044%2F1%26Lang%3DX%26Rev%3D1%26Format%3DGZIP

No error when mvn validate or deploy, but the characters are not converted,
hence the URL is invalid!

Sonia

Re: Special URL characters

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.