Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Edzard Höfig <ed...@fokus.fraunhofer.de> on 2009/08/26 11:49:25 UTC

[SCXML] Re: has anyone written an XMI-to-SCXML XSLT script?

Hi Jake,

if you happen to find such a XSLT stylesheet could you post it to the
list?
I would also be quite interested in this :-)

Cheers,
Ed

Am 26.08.2009 um 05:28 schrieb Rahul Akolkar:

> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Jacob Beard<jb...@cs.mcgill.ca>
> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've just started looking into SCXML Commons, and I'm interested in
>> attempting to leverage it as a statechart execution environment that
>> could be used to power a statechart simulator, built on top of
>> Eclipse
>> UML2Tool's existing statechart editor. UML2Tools currently serializes
>> to XMI, and SCXML Commons takes as input SCXML, so it seems like the
>> easiest way to connect these two environments (given that they both
>> read/write XML formats) would be to write an XSLT script to convert
>> the XMI to SCXML. This seems like such an obvious idea, that it seems
>> very likely that someone may have already implemented it. I have not
>> been able to find any resources on converting XMI to SCXML, or
>> vice-versa, via XSLT. Is anyone aware of such an implementation?
>>
> <snip/>
>
> Sure, that approach makes sense. Atleast one such was mentioned on
> this list, but unfortunately, the URL pointing to it in the archives
> now seems to be going nowhere -- here is that post:
>
>  http://markmail.org/message/brvykubemfjknchy
>
> There could be others along these lines ofcourse, I haven't looked
> lately.
>
> -Rahul
>

>> I'd greatly appreciate any guidance anyone can offer. Thanks,
>>
>> Jake

Edzard Hoefig
Research Associate       Autonomic Systems Engineering Working Group
Fraunhofer FOKUS            web:   www.fokus.fraunhofer.de/motion
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31   email: edzard.hoefig@fokus.fraunhofer.de
D-10589 Berlin              phone: ++49-30-3463-7243 (fax: -8243)

Re: [SCXML] Re: has anyone written an XMI-to-SCXML XSLT script?

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
2009/8/26 Edzard Höfig <ed...@fokus.fraunhofer.de>:
> Hi Jake,
>
> if you happen to find such a XSLT stylesheet could you post it to the list?
> I would also be quite interested in this :-)

<snip/>

I whipped up a basic XMI to SCXML stylesheet (no composite states, no
executable content):

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/scxml/branches/J6/extras/

Here is a sample conversion:

  http://people.apache.org/~rahul/xmi2scxml/

The uml.xml file is the source (from an Eclipse MDT UML2 Tools model),
the conversion summary and corresponding three SCXML documents are
produced by the above stylesheet.

Obviously many improvements are necessary. If any of you would like to
make improvements and contribute changes back, please open tickets in
JIRA with patches for the stylesheet:

  http://commons.apache.org/scxml/issue-tracking.html

-Rahul